Tor client performance (was Re: URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug)

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Mon Apr 19 06:09:19 UTC 2010

Olaf Selke schrieb:

> in the last weeks bandwidthrate gave only few control about the number
> of connections. To check this I've just reduced BandwidthRate from 16000
> to 1000 KB. Let's wait one or two days and see if connections and
> connection rate considerably drops. We'll see...

good morning world,

after two day running with a BandwidthRate of 1000 KB there're still 17k
tcp connections on my router. Reducing bandwidth by more than a factor
of ten only reduces the number of connections less than a factor of two.
On the other hand the number of new connections per second noticeably
dropped by about 90%.

Olaf