URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:34:05 UTC 2010

I also have to agree with both Scott and CyberRax. There are some of
us that do run a relay from home. This also varies in bandwidth usage
from user to user and availability.

In the past week, I have gone from network crashing to Vidalia
freezing and locking up. In further looking to find and try to
understand why, I was able to determine my connections had gone from
1500+ inbound up to as of 10 min ago, 5100+ and the out bound
connections from 2162 to down to 1300+..

Two days ago they were running from 6500+ inb / 1200+ ob.  This is a
very unusal increase for me. Also looking at teh connections, I was
bale to see multiple of same ip addys, with different ports,
connecting to my ip and the in and out put was both 62k. As far as I
can tell most of those connections were send and recieve in the 62k
-65k range.

This is also unusal as when I have looked in the past, the majority of
the connections were rarely from the same ip, and most of the
connections were having various in and out kb's send and recieve
numbers.

Not sure what has changed, but I , along with some of the others that
have had the same excessive recent connections, which seem to over
load vidalia / tor.

I hope we can get some answers asap.

btw: i am running on  Win Svr 2008

Thanks,