Many new connections per second [was Re: URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug]

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Apr 15 18:30:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 09:13:16AM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> But that said, there does seem to be a problem here: we're seeing way
> more directory requests than we were a few weeks ago. That's translating
> into more connections seen by relays.
>
> Is that because we're seeing way more users? Or are Tor clients generating
> more directory requests than they "should"? Hm.

moria1 is seeing >1000 flows per second.

See also
https://bugs.torproject.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&id=1356

I'm going to take a closer look at it later tonight, and see if I can make
some guesses about what's up -- that is, what changed in the past week.

Let us know if you find any hints. :)

--Roger