URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Thu Apr 15 13:41:27 UTC 2010

Roger Dingledine wrote:

> This behavior is actually a feature. We cut the latency of the Tor
> network in half by rebalancing the network to send more traffic to the
> relays that could handle it.

sorry, if tor is supposed to behave like described in the docs I
consider this a bug.

"MaxAdvertisedBandwidth: Server operators who want to reduce the number
of clients who ask to build circuits through them (since this is
proportional to advertised bandwidth rate) can thus reduce the CPU
demands on their server without impacting network performance."

> One downside of this new feature is that the old trick we had,
> MaxAdvertisedBandwidth, doesn't as much do what you want.

yes ;-)

Olaf