[tor-relays-universities] Fwd: [tor-relays] Running relays at consortia networks [was: JANET/edu]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:09:54 UTC 2014

C, there is also a tor-relays-universities list.
Forwarding there to keep the initial chat primed.

Once you have buy in from legal, chairs, security, upstream,
etc this can be a very strong position, often better than pay 'contract'
of random ISP host. I have seen such 'outside' nets used for these
not strictly mission things, such I suggest it in this thread. Different
approach depends on if you can find and house a legitimate paper
producing research purpose, or if you simply will run it for
supporting freedom point of view.

Worth mention is that both internet2 and nanog have mailing lists
where queries and propositions could be sent. Cold contacts at
regionals are not hard to find.