[tor-relays-universities] Tor relay on JANET

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Jun 5 20:05:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 08:50:42PM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about JANET's (the UK academic ISP)
> views on running a Tor relay?
>
> It's probably not worth putting together a proposal for running one in a UK
> University if the ISP is going to have problems with it.
>
> Thanks,
> Iain.

You might start out by running a non-exit relay, to get them used to
the idea? They really shouldn't complain about that at all, but maybe
they will and all of your conversations will go more smoothly if that's
your starting point. Once you're making progress, you can tell them
"and later we can talk about making it an exit relay".

--Roger