[tor-relays-universities] Preventing access to scientific databases

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Thu Feb 6 16:36:29 UTC 2014

Our exit node at BU is on a subnet that's treated as being outside the
campus network, which solves this problem as well as the problem of using
Tor to circumvent the campus firewall.  Alternatively, back when we were
inside the campus network, we forbid exiting to campus addresses in order
to solve this problem for non-third-party sites (but not for third-party
sites), as well as firewall circumvention problem.