[tor-relays-universities] Preventing access to scientific databases

Timothy Hayes thayes at rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 5 15:14:22 UTC 2014

Rutgers has dozens of sections of our network which support people that are not faulty, staff, or students. The libraries were very unhappy to learn about this a few years ago. I honestly don't know their solution, but tor is only one of many such things they have to deal with (which include such things as random proxies run by foreign grad students, planetlab, k12 schools, outreach programs, and soon open wifi for unauthenticated guests.)

I think for the most part they ignore the problem until they get a complaint.

--
Timothy Hayes
Office of Information Technology, Information Protection & Security
Email: thayes at rutgers.edu