[tor-qa] Tor Browser 11.0.4 (Windows/macOS/Linux) is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Jan 7 22:16:57 UTC 2022

Hello!

We are happy to announce the first Tor Browser 11.0.4 release candidate
for wider testing. Packages can be found at:

https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/11.0.4-build2/

Tor Browser 11.0.4 updates Firefox to 91.5.0esr and gives our landing
page the usual Tor Browser look and feel back, removing the parts of our
year end donation campaign.

Additionally, we update NoScript to the latest release (11.2.14) and
bundle the Noto Sans Gurmukhi and Sinhala fonts for our Linux users
again after the underlying font rendering issue got resolved.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.0.3 is:

Tor Browser 11.0.4 - January 11 2022
  * Windows + OS X + Linux
    * Update Firefox to 91.5.0esr
    * Update NoScript to 11.2.14
    * Bug 40405: Rotate deusexmachina IP address [tor-browser-build]
    * Bug 40756: Fix up wrong observer removals [tor-browser]
    * Bug 40758: Remove YEC takeover from about:tor [torbutton]
  * Linux
    * Bug 40399: Bring back Noto Sans Gurmukhi and Sinhala fonts
[tor-browser-build]