[tor-qa] Tor Browser 9.0a4 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Sun Jul 7 11:51:00 UTC 2019

Georg Koppen:
> Hello!
>
> We are happy to announce the first release candidate for the upcoming
> Tor Browser 9.0a4. Bundles can be found at
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/builds/9.0a4-build1/
>
> Tor Browser 9.0a4 contains updates to a number of bundle parts, most
> importantly Firefox (60.8.0esr) and Tor (0.4.1.3-alpha).
>
> In our ongoing efforts to reach more users with Tor Browser we include
> native macedonian bundles for the first time and ship Tor Browser for
> the aarch64 architecture on mobile.

We actually missed the aarch64 .apk in build1 and did therefore a build2
to fix this problem. The aarch64 .apk is now in my -build2 directory for
testing:

https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/9.0a4-build2/

Moreover, another important new feature I forgot to mention in my
previous announcement is letterboxing being enabled by default now.
Please give it a try if you can, so we can iron out bugs before we ship
it to all users starting with Tor Browser 9.

Georg