[tor-qa] Tor Browser 9.0a4 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Jul 5 21:15:00 UTC 2019

Hello!

We are happy to announce the first release candidate for the upcoming
Tor Browser 9.0a4. Bundles can be found at

https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/builds/9.0a4-build1/

Tor Browser 9.0a4 contains updates to a number of bundle parts, most
importantly Firefox (60.8.0esr) and Tor (0.4.1.3-alpha).

In our ongoing efforts to reach more users with Tor Browser we include
native macedonian bundles for the first time and ship Tor Browser for
the aarch64 architecture on mobile. And, finally, we have implemented
fixes for accessibility support on Windows systems (big thanks to
Richard Pospesel for the hard work here), which now deserve a wider testing.

Similar to the stable series we include a fundraising banner to help us
getting more donations. Please donate if you can!

The full changelog since 9.0a3 is

Tor Browser 9.0a4 -- July 9 2019
 * All platforms
   * Update Firefox to 60.8.0esr
   * Update Torbutton to 2.2.1
     * Bug 30577: Add Fundraising Banner
     * Bug 31041: Stop syncing network.cookie.lifetimePolicy
     * Bug 30468: Add mk locale
     * Translations update
   * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.19.2
     * Bug 30468: Add mk locale
     * Translations update
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.6.27
   * Bug 31055+31058: Remove four default bridges
   * Bug 30849: Backport fixes for Mozilla's bug 1552627 and 1549833
 * Windows + OS X + Linux
   * Update Tor to 0.4.1.3-alpha
   * Bug 30468: Add mk locale
   * Bug 31059: Enable Letterboxing
 * Windows
   * Bug 27503: Provide full support for accessibility tools
   * Bug 30575: Don't allow enterprise policies in Tor Browser
 * OS X
   * Bug 30631: Blurry Tor Browser icon on macOS app switcher
 * Android
   * Bug 28119: Tor Browser for aarch64
   * Bug 30573: Sanitize old tabs and wait for tor before opening new tabs

Georg