[tor-qa] Tor Browser 7.0.10 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Nov 13 04:20:00 UTC 2017

anonym:
> Georg Koppen:
>> Tor Browser 7.0.10 is ready for testing.
>
>>From Tails side, I just reported: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24243
>
>>From the testing I did today I can see that it actually started with 7.0.8, but we didn't notice it until now since neither 7.0.8 nor 7.0.9 were relevant for Tails. :/
>
> Is this something you believe could be fixed before the final release?

Alas, no. The Torbutton issue is weird but even if we had fixed that one
there is the breakage due to the workaround for #24052. We did not come
up with a better one for that security issue in the short time we had.

I am not sure if we can do something for Tails in case Mozilla does not
fix the problem soon. We  might be able to think about choosing a
preference-based approach and Tails can flip the pref accordingly given
that it does not seem to be affected that badly from the underlying bug.

But that's not a decision and a patch for the last minute, I am afraid.

Georg