[tor-qa] Tor Browser 6.5.2 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Sun Apr 16 18:10:00 UTC 2017

nusenu:
>> Tor Browser 6.5.2 is ready for testing. Bundles can be found on:
>>
>> https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/6.5.2-build1/
>>
>> This release updates Firefox to 45.9.0esr, Noscript to 5.0.2, and
>> HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.14.
>>
>> Moreover, we included a fix for the broken Twitter experience and worked
>> around a Windows related crash bug. To improve our censorship resistance
>> we additionally updated our bridges we ship.
>>
>> The full changelog since Tor Browser 6.5.1 is:
>>
>> Tor Browser 6.5.2 -- April 19 2017
>>  * All Platforms
>>    * Update Firefox to 45.9.0esr
>>    * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.14
>>    * Update NoScript to 5.0.2
>>    * Bug 21555+16450: Don't remove Authorization header on subdomains
>> (e.g. Twitter)
>
> Is this supposed to fix the twitter profile picture upload problem?

Hard to say. If it is the same problem as mentioned in #21555 then yes.
But the patch got written way before you reported this issue. Might be a
different one. We got a lot of our patches upstreamed for ESR52 (and
Mozilla wrote additional ones), thus, you could test whether the
upcoming 7.0a3 is fixing your problem:

https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/builds/7.0a3-build4/

Georg