[tor-qa] Tor Browser 6.0.5 is ready for testing

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Fri Sep 9 21:18:28 UTC 2016

Georg Koppen:
> Hi,
>
> we are pleased to accounce that Tor Browser 6.0.5 is ready for
> testing. Bundles can be found on:
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/builds/6.0.5-build1/

Observation: I usually install uBlock Origin, after I have performed
the tests below. This time I retested with Panopticlick after, and the
results are far better after installation.

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-6.0.5_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian 8.5

Tor Browser 6.0.5 (based on Mozilla Firefox 45.4.0)
Tor v0.2.8.7 (git-263088633a63982a)
Libevent 2.0.22-stable
OpenSSL 1.0.1t
Zlib 1.2.8.

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 5.2.4
 - NoScript 2.9.0.14
 - TorButton 1.9.5.7
 - TorLauncher 0.2.9.3

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work (http://videojs.com/)
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - unique among 22591.29, 14.46 bits of
   identifying information ("your browser has a nearly-unique
   fingerprint")
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/, with uBlock Origin - unique among
   495.79, 8.95 bits of identifying information ("your browser has a
   non-unique fingerprint")

SOCKS/external apps (Torsocks) work as expected: yes

--
kat