[tor-qa] Tor Browser 5.5.3 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Mar 4 11:04:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Tor Browser 5.5.3 is ready for testing and bundles can be found on:

https://people.torproject.org/~boklm/builds/5.5.3-build2/

This release bumps the versions of several of our external components:
Firefox to 38.7.0esr, OpenSSL to 1.0.1s, NoScript to 2.9.0.4 and
HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.1.4.

Additionally, we fixed long-standing bugs in our Tor circuit display and
Window resizing code, and improved the usability of our font
fingerprinting defense further.

Here is the full changelog since 5.5.2:

Tor Browser 5.5.3 -- March 8 2016
 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 38.7.0esr
   * Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1s
   * Update NoScript to 2.9.0.4
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 5.1.4
   * Update Torbutton to 1.9.4.4
     * Bug 16990: Don't mishandle multiline commands
     * Bug 18144: about:tor update arrow position is wrong
     * Bug 16725: Allow resizing with non-default homepage
     * Translation updates
   * Bug 18030: Isolate favicon requests on Page Info dialog
   * Bug 18297: Use separate Noto JP,KR,SC,TC fonts
   * Bug 18170: Make sure the homepage is shown after an update as well
 * Windows
   * Bug 18292: Disable staged updates on Windows

Georg