[tor-qa] Introducing hardened builds for 64bit Linux

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Thu Oct 29 19:27:27 UTC 2015

Katya Titov:
> May be a memory leak. After sending the last email I saw that FF was
> using ~2GB of memory. Now, after running for 20 minutes and not using
> TBB at all, it is consuming ~1GB of memory and slowly growing.

Thanks. I tested a bit and the ASan build has a slowly growing memory
consumption right from the beginning but only until it reaches ~1GB for
me. Then it is stable (I compared that with recent ASan nightlies made
by Mozilla and they are using ~1GB as well). This holds for just opening
Tor Browser/Firefox. While opening web pages leads to a growing memory
consumption I don't see ever-growing memory usage due to it.

(Note, though, that the memory consumption of Tor Browser seems to be
higher than the one visible with the Nightly. That might be due to
Mozilla's ongoing efforts to shrink Firefox' memory usage or due to an
underlying issue in our build.)

Georg