[tor-qa] Tor Browser 4.5.1 is ready for testing

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sat May 9 03:27:31 UTC 2015

Tor Browser 4.5.1-build1 is up at:
https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/4.5.1-build1/

This release updates us to the upcoming Firefox 31.7.0esr release, fixes
a meek launch issue for Windows 7 users, fixes a NoScript UI update
issue when switching security slider levels, fixes download and display
issues with PDFs, relaxes our domain isolation to TLD instead of FQDN to
reduce breakage with file download and other sites, and disables
NoScript's clearclick protection (due to false positives with ReCaptcha
and other sites).

The windows exe's are not yet signed with our DigiCert key.

Here is the complete changelog:
 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 31.7.0esr
   * Update meek to 0.18
   * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.5
     * Translation updates only
   * Update Torbutton to 1.9.2.3
     * Bug 15837: Show descriptions if unchecking custom mode
     * Bug 15927: Force update of the NoScript UI when changing security level
     * Bug 15915: Hide circuit display if it is disabled.
     * Translation updates
   * Bug 15945: Disable NoScript's ClearClick protection for now
   * Bug 15933: Isolate by base (top-level) domain name instead of FQDN
   * Bug 15857: Fix file descriptor leak in updater that caused update failures
   * Bug 15899: Fix errors with downloading and displaying PDFs
 * Windows
   * Bug 15872: Fix meek pluggable transport startup issue with Windows 7
 * Build System
   * Bug 15947: Support Ubuntu 14.04 LXC hosts via LXC_EXECUTE=lxc-execute env var
   * Bugs 15921+15922: Fix build errors during Mozilla Tryserver builds

--
Mike Perry