[tor-qa] Please test bundles with slightly rearchitected meek-http-helper

Ximin Luo infinity0 at torproject.org
Sun Mar 15 22:20:29 UTC 2015

On 12/03/15 00:03, David Fifield wrote:
> Dear tor-qa, please test the meek transport in these test bundles:
> 	https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/4.5a4-12716-1/
> You only need to test that meek bootstraps and that there are no
> processes left running when you close the browser. Here is the test
> procedure:
> 	1. Click "Configure".
> 	2. Choose "Yes" on the bridge/pluggable transport question.
> 	3. Choose meek-amazon, meek-azure, or meek-google (doesn't
> 	   matter which) from the list.
> 	4. Choose "No" on the proxy question.
> 	5. Make sure it bootstraps 100%.
> 	6. Close the browser and check the process list; make sure there
> 	   are no processes with "meek" in the name.
>
> I tested on linux64 but not any of the other platforms.

I tested on windows7, and firefox.exe (meek-http-helper) sticks around after you shut down Tor Browser cleanly, preventing it from starting up a second time unless you go into Process Explorer and kill it. (Windows' own Task Manager appears not to show the command line, so it's hard to distinguish this from a normal user firefox process.)

However, this should be fixed by the following files:

https://people.torproject.org/~infinity0/bin/meek-browser-helper-windows.bat
https://people.torproject.org/~infinity0/bin/meek-browser-helper-windows.js
https://people.torproject.org/~infinity0/bin/meek-client-wrapper.exe

Drop these in Browser\TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports after you install the above bundle, and follow 1-6. If there are other windows users, please confirm that this also works for you.

GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git