[tor-qa] Tor Browser 4.5a3 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Jan 16 12:34:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

Tor Browser 4.5a3 is up for testing. Bundles can be found on:

https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/4.5a3

This release is based on Firefox 31.4.0 ESR. As a major feature it
contains the code that allows us to enhance the security of our updater
even further: the next alpha release will be the first one that is
shipping signed MAR files and the updater is already rejecting unsigned
MAR files from now on.

Furthermore, this release includes a new Tor alpha version,
0.2.6.2-alpha, updates meek to 0.15 + makes it working again, and
contains a bunch of additional improvements and bug fixes.

The full changelog for 4.5a3 is:

Tor Browser 4.5a3 -- Jan 16 2015
 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 31.4.0esr
   * Update Tor to 0.2.6.2-alpha
   * Update NoScript to 2.6.9.10
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 5.0development.2
   * Update meek to 0.15
   * Update Torbutton to 1.8.1.3
     * Bug 13998: Handle changes in NoScript 2.6.9.8+
     * Bug 14100: Option to hide NetworkSettings menuitem
     * Bug 13079: Option to skip control port verification
     * Bug 13835: Option to change default Tor Browser homepage
     * Bug 11449: Fix new identity error if NoScript is not enabled
     * Bug 13881: Localize strings for tor circuit display
     * Bug 9387: Incorporate user feedback
     * Bug 13671: Fixup for circuit display if bridges are used
     * Translation updates
  * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.1
    * Translation updates
  * Bug 13379: Sign our MAR files
  * Bug 13788: Fix broken meek in 4.5-alpha series
  * Bug 13439: No canvas prompt for content callers

Note: from now on there is a new signing key we use for the alpha
releases which will eventually replace the one currently used for the
stable series as well (see: #13407 if you are interested in the gory
details). You can find its details on our signing key website:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/signing-keys.html.en

Georg