[tor-qa] Tor Browser 4.5a4 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Feb 23 08:39:49 UTC 2015

Hi tor-qa people,

Tor Browser 4.5a4 is up for testing. Bundles can be found on:

https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/4.5a4-build3

This release is based on Firefox 31.5.0 ESR. It contains the brand new
Tor alpha, 0.2.6.3-alpha, an updated OpenSSL, NoScript, obf4proxy and a
large amount of bug fixes and enhancements.
Most notably, Disconnect Search is now selected as the default search
engine and the Torbutton menu got reorganized. Apart from that we fixed
some long-standing issues: users are getting warned on New Identity that
they may loose their tabs (bug 9906), we added the option to get a new
circuit for a website (bug 9942) and we improved the branding on the
about-dialog (bug 5698). The full changelog is:

Tor Browser 4.5a4 -- Feb 24 2015
 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 31.5.0esr
   * Update Tor to 0.2.6.3-alpha
   * Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1l
   * Update NoScript to 2.6.9.15
   * Update obfs4proxy to 0.0.4
     * Use obfs4proxy for ScrambleSuit bridges
   * Update Torbutton to 1.9.0.0
     * Bug 13882: Fix display of bridges after bridge settings have been
changed
     * Bug 5698: Use "Tor Browser" branding in "About Tor Browser" dialog
     * Bug 10280: Strings and pref for preventing plugin initialization.
     * Bug 14866: Show correct circuit when more than one exists for a
given domain
     * Bug 9442: Add New Circuit button to Torbutton menu
     * Bug 9906: Warn users before closing all windows and performing
new identity.
     * Bug 8400: Prompt for restart if disk records are enabled/disabled.
     * Bug 14630: Hide Torbutton's proxy settings tab.
     * Bug 14632: Disable Cookie Manager until we get it working.
     * Bug 11175: Remove "About Torbutton" from onion menu.
     * Bug 13900: Remove remaining SafeCache code in favor of C++ patch
     * Bug 14490: Use Disconnect search in about:tor search box
     * Bug 14392: Don't steal input focus in about:tor search box
     * Bug 11236: Don't set omnibox order in Torbutton (to prevent
translation)
     * Bug 13406: Stop directing users to download-easy.html.en on update
     * Bug 9387: Handle "custom" mode better in Security Slider
     * Bug 12430: Bind jar: pref to Security Slider
     * Bug 14448: Restore Torbutton menu operation on non-English
localizations
     * Translation updates
   * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.2
     * Bug 13271: Display Bridge Configuration wizard pane before Proxy pane
     * Bug 14336: Fix navigation button display issues on some wizard panes
     * Translation updates
   * Bug 14203: Prevent meek from displaying an extra update notification
   * Bug 14849: Remove new NoScript menu option to make permissions
permanent
   * Bug 14851: Set NoScript pref to disable permanent permissions
   * Bug 14490: Make Disconnect the default omnibox search engine
   * Bug 11236: Fix omnibox order for non-English builds
     * Also remove Amazon, eBay and bing; add Youtube and Twitter
   * Bug 10280: Don't load any plugins into the address space.
   * Bug 14392: Make about:tor hide itself from the URL bar
   * Bug 12430: Provide a preference to disable remote jar: urls
   * Bug 13900: Remove 3rd party HTTP auth tokens via Firefox patch
   * Bug 5698: Fix branding in "About Torbrowser" window
 * Windows:
   * Bug 13169: Don't use /dev/random on Windows for SSP
 * Linux:
   * Bug 13717: Make sure we use the bash shell on Linux

Georg