[tor-qa] Tor Browser 5.0.5 is ready for testing

Wilton Gorske wilton at riseup.net
Sun Dec 13 15:14:53 UTC 2015

Hello Georg et al!

Testing: TorBrowser-5.0.5-osx64_en-US.dmg
Platform: Mac OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes
Donation banner present: yes
Circuit display present: yes

Referrer is set to the current domain when leaving a .onion

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 5.1.1
 - NoScript 2.7
 - TorButton 1.9.3.7
 - TorLauncher 0.2.7.7

New versions correct: yes
 - Open SSL: 1.0.1q
 - Tor: v0.2.7.6
 - Firefox 38.5.0esr

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works (http://duskgytldkxiuqc6.onion/)
 - HTML5 videos work on http://videojs.com/ and YouTube

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: Yes (Torbirdy)

Side note, why is https://check.torproject.org/ not an onion service?
Wouldn’t that be a better way of seeing if the browser is correctly
configured to use Tor?

Georg Koppen: