[tor-qa] Tor Browser 3.6.5 is ready for testing

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:35:51 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 09:59 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot the link to the builds. They live here for now:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.6.5/
>
> Mike Perry:
>> Tor Browser 3.6.5 is ready for testing with a target release date of
>> Tuesday, September 2nd.
>>
>> This release primarily updates Firefox to the new ESR point release, but
>> also updates NoScript, HTTPS-Everywhere, and the canvas permissions
>> prompt. It also restores the missing RELRO hardening option to the Linux
>> bundles.
>>
>> Here is the complete changelog:
>>  * All Platforms
>>    * Update Firefox to 24.8.0esr
>>    * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.39
>>    * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 4.0.0
>>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.12.1
>>      * Bug 12684: New strings for canvas image extraction message
>>      * Bug 8940: Move RecommendedTBBVersions file to www.torproject.org
>>      * Bug 9531: Workaround to avoid rare hangs during New Identity
>>    * Bug 12684: Improve Canvas image extraction permissions prompt
>>    * Bug 7265: Only prompt for first party canvas access. Log all
>>                scripts that attempt to extract canvas images to
>>                Browser console.
>>    * Bug 12974: Disable NTLM and Negotiate HTTP Auth
>>    * Bug 2874: Remove Components.* from content access (regression)
>>    * Bug 9881: Open popups in new tabs by default
>>  * Linux:
>>    * Bug 12103: Adding RELRO hardening back to browser binaries.

Testing: torbrowser-install-3.6.5_ar.exe
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

Bundle components:
Firefox 24.8.0
Torbutton 1.6.12.1
NoScript 2.6.8.40
HTTPS-Everywhere 4.0.0

Behaviour:
- TBB Launches successfully - yes
- Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works - yes

Functions:
- HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing - ok
- HTML5 videos work (http://youtube.com/) - ok (and automatically,
thanks Youtube!)
- http://websocketstest.com/ - ok
- New identity closes all tabs and removes all cookies - ok
- Tor SOCKS - ok
- Localization files present - ok

--
Sherief Alaa