[tor-qa] Testing ESR 31 based Nightlies

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Wed Oct 1 18:06:22 UTC 2014

Georg Koppen:
> Hi,
>
> we have built some nightlies for the upcoming switch to ESR 31 and they
> are even reproducible which is good news. They can be found on
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~gk/testbuilds/esr31-nightly/
>
> . Testing them would be really helpful. Do the bundles start at all
> (especially on older OSes like Debian stable and Windows XP)? If so, do
> you see any weird and or broken things not already found among
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&keywords=~ff31-esr
>
> ?

Feedback from testing the English OS X version:

When I click on the menu on the right, I have the proeminent choice
between “New Window” and “New Private Window”. That's confusing in the
Tor Browser setting.

Right there, there's also a “Fullscreen” entry. Given the
fingerprinting issue, this should also not be encouraged like that!

Same menu, there's “Sign in to Sync”. Do we want that?

Icons can be moved through the “Customize” entry at the bottom, so
I hope this is doable without crazy tweaks.

I still can't do NTLM authentication, despite
`network.negotiate-auth.allow-insecure-ntlm-v1-https` being set to
`true`. That's a bit annoying.

The version string still says “Firefox/24.0”.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>