[tor-qa] Tor Browser 4.5-alpha-1 is ready for testing

Arthur D. Edelstein arthuredelstein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:54:29 UTC 2014

Sherief Alaa wrote:

[snip]

>>> See attached.

Thanks for the screenshot. Indeed you should see a tor circuit diagram
there. Are you using the tor instance from Tor Browser? (It has a
nonstandard patch included to make #8641 work.)

>> This might actually be due to things like
>>
>> [11-04 16:06:43] Torbutton WARN: TypeError: s is undefined
>> [11-04 16:16:42] Torbutton WARN: TypeError: statusMaps[i] is undefined
>>
>> I see in the browser console a lot.

I've written a fix for these errors. The errors indicate no SOCKS
USERNAME/PASSWORD was being detected, which means either the domain
isolation isn't running, or the tor instance isn't patched with #8405.

Not sure -- I see plenty of logging at extensions.torbutton.loglevel
-> 3. Are you looking at the browser console (not the page console)?

Arthur