[tor-qa] 3.6.1-meek-1 bundles

Wilton Gorske wilton at riseup.net
Mon May 12 10:45:00 UTC 2014

David Fifield:
> Please try these 3.6.1-meek-1 bundles, built on top of 3.6.1 that was
> released a few days ago. These are getting quite close to a release
> candidate.
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/3.6.1-meek-1/
>
> Unlike previous bundles I've sent for testing, these ones aren't
> configured to use meek automatically. You have to "Configure" on the
> network settings screen and then choose meek from the list of
> transports. I made screenshots of the process:
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Quickstart
>
> I prepared a rebased merge branch with just a few commits on top of
> 3.6.1.
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dcf/tor-browser-bundle.git/shortlog/refs/heads/meek-rebase-3.6.1
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dcf/tor-browser-bundle.git/commitdiff/meek-rebase-3.6.1?hp=tbb-3.6.1-build1
>
> These bundles still have the bug on OS X where two dock icons appear
> (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11429). If anyone knows
> a way to fix it, let me know.
>
> We had a report that repeated timeouts in the 3.5.4-meek-1 bundles
> caused boostrapping to take hours (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11612).
> I increased some of the timeouts in response, but if you have the same
> problem, please comment on the ticket.
>
> David Fifield

Testing: TorBrowser-3.6.1-meek-1-osx32_en-US.dmg
Platform: Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Display: 15-inch (2880 x 1800 Retina)

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.5.1
 - NoScript 2.6.8.22
 - TorButton 1.6.9.0
 - TorLauncher 0.2.5.4

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work on http://videojs.com/ and YouTube
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - only one in 457,368 , 18.8 bits of
                                   identifying information
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: yes (Torbirdy, Bitcoin-QT)

SSL client is bad according to https://www.howsmyssl.com/.

Meek transport works successfully after configuration. Connections to
google.com, sd.symcd.com, and www3.l.google.com.

(And still two dock icons.)