[tor-qa] 3.6.1-meek-1 bundles

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Thu May 8 22:07:14 UTC 2014

Please try these 3.6.1-meek-1 bundles, built on top of 3.6.1 that was
released a few days ago. These are getting quite close to a release
candidate.

https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/3.6.1-meek-1/

Unlike previous bundles I've sent for testing, these ones aren't
configured to use meek automatically. You have to "Configure" on the
network settings screen and then choose meek from the list of
transports. I made screenshots of the process:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Quickstart

I prepared a rebased merge branch with just a few commits on top of
3.6.1.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dcf/tor-browser-bundle.git/shortlog/refs/heads/meek-rebase-3.6.1
https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/dcf/tor-browser-bundle.git/commitdiff/meek-rebase-3.6.1?hp=tbb-3.6.1-build1

These bundles still have the bug on OS X where two dock icons appear
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11429). If anyone knows
a way to fix it, let me know.

We had a report that repeated timeouts in the 3.5.4-meek-1 bundles
caused boostrapping to take hours (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11612).
I increased some of the timeouts in response, but if you have the same
problem, please comment on the ticket.

David Fifield