[tor-qa] TBB 3.6.1 (Proxy settings regression fix)

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue May 6 12:58:24 UTC 2014

We're doing a pointfix release on 3.6 to fix a regression where users
were unable to set proxy settings for normal Tor usage. Builds are at:
https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/3.6.1/

Testing proxied configuration of Tor would be especially helpful for
this release. Making sure the Pluggable transports still work without
proxies is also helpful.

We still don't support the combination of Pluggable Transports +
Proxies. We hope to have that in the next release.

Here's the complete changelog:
 * All Platforms
   * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 3.5.1
   * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.22
   * Bug 11658: Fix proxy configuration for non-Pluggable Transports users
   * Backport Pending Tor Patches:
     * Bug 8402: Allow Tor proxy configuration while PTs are present
   * Note: The Pluggable Transports themselves have not been updated to
           support proxy configuration yet.

--
Mike Perry