[tor-qa] Pre-build announcement for 3.6-beta-1

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Thu Mar 13 19:19:05 UTC 2014

On 3/12/14 2:14 AM, Matt wrote:
> If tor fails, an error message says "Tor unexpectedly exited" and the
> browser stays open. You can tell the browser to visit new pages, but you
> get a proxy error page.
>
> In previous versions, if Tor fails, the browser closes, and you can't
> do browser stuff anymore.
>
> I'm not sure if this change is good or bad.

Which version of TBB had a different behavior?  I'd like to see how it
used to behave.  I tried TBB 2.4.18 but it does not exit when tor is
killed (but everything is shut down if Vidalia exits).

I don't think the behavior has changed since the first 3.x series
release.  But it would be nice if Tor Launcher provided an option to
restart tor rather than just displaying an error message.  I opened a
ticket:

Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent, LLC
http://pearlcrescent.com/