[tor-qa] TBB 3.6.2 is ready for testing

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Mon Jun 9 10:27:18 UTC 2014

Georg Koppen:
> Hi,
>
> TBB 3.6.2 is ready for testing. It contains an updated tor (0.2.4.22),
> an updated OpenSSL (1.0.1h) due to the flaws published last week
> (https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2014-June/033161.html)
> and the security fixes of the upcoming Firefox 24.6.0 ESR.
> Furthermore, it supports proxies with Pluggable Transports now. The
> bundles can be found at:
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.6.2/

Everything works well, apart from the initial connection to
https://panopticlick.eff.org. The result is a warning page saying that
the connection is untrusted (error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer) and
there is no way to proceed. Toggling
noscript.alwaysBlockUntrustedContent from true to false fixes the
problem, and then after toggling back to true the problem does *not*
reoccur when restarted. It is only the first load after extraction
which is the issue. I don't recall this happening before. Maybe a
change in NoScript? (The root cause appears to be that the intermediate
chain isn't being pushed from the server.)

On the plus side, the result from Panopticlick is very good!

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.6.2_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian 7.5
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz

Tor *v0.2.4.22* (git-345e00dc68a052fe)
Libevent 2.0.21-stable
OpenSSL *1.0.1h*

Firefox: *ESR 24.6.0*

System Tray Icon: no, present with vidalia-standalone
Network Map: no, present with vidalia-standalone
New ID without losing tabs:no, yes with vidalia-standalone

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.5.1
 - NoScript *2.6.8.28*
 - TorButton 1.6.10.0
 - TorLauncher *0.2.5.5*

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work (http://videojs.com/)
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - unique among 3,325, 11.7 bits of
                                   identifying information

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: yes
Uses a bridge: yes
--
kat