[tor-qa] 3.5.1 with PT build process and NoScript New Identity fix

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Sun Jan 26 00:58:26 UTC 2014

On 22/01/14 03:17 PM, Mike Perry wrote:
> I fixed the changelog typo in 3.5.1 and fixed an issue where we were
> improperly clearing NoScript temporary permissions during New Identity
> (they actually became permanent permissions after New Identity, which
> was even worse behavior than before, hence the rebuild).
>
> These builds also build with the patches for 3.6-beta and pluggable
> transports merged. They should not include any pluggable transport
> components themselves, but apparently the debug files got picked up as
> part of the build process (as separate tarballs, not included in the
> bundles themselves).
>
> New builds are here (note the same URL as before):
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.1/
>
> Matching builds are at:
> https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/3.5.1-build7/
> https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/3.5.1/

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.5.1_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian Wheezy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

OpenSSL - 1.0.1f

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5
 - NoScript 2.6.8.12
 - Torbutton 1.6.5.5
 - TorLauncher 0.2.4.3

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

Other Notes:
 - Trac #10383[1]

[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10383

--