[tor-qa] 3.5.1, this time with arabic bundles (and new addons)

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 00:07:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> We decided to delay this release for the arabic bundles and for a
> security fix to OpenSSL. New buids are at:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.1/
>
> Here's the changelog:
>  * All Platforms
>    * Bug 10447: Remove SocksListenAddress to allow multiple socks ports.
>    * Bug 10464: Remove addons.mozilla.org from NoScript whitelist
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.5.4
>      * Bug 9486: Clear NoScript Temporary Permissions on New Identity
>      * Bug 10403: Include Arabic translations
>    * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.4.2
>      * Bug 10403: Include Arabic translations
>    * Update Tor to 0.2.4.20
>    * Update OpenSSL to 1.0.1f
>    * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.12
>    * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 3.4.5
>  * Windows
>    * Bug 9259: Enable Accessibility (screen reader) support
>  * Mac
>    * misc: Update bundle version field in Info.plist (for MacUpdates
>    * service)

Testing: torbrowser-install-3.5.1_ar.exe (Build 4)
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

Bundle components:
Firefox 24.2.0 ESR
Torbutton 1.6.5.4
NoScript 2.6.8.12
HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5

Tests:
- TBB Launches successfully - yes
- Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works - yes
- HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing - ok
- HTML5 videos work (http://youtube.com/)
- http://html5demos.com/web-socket - Not connected
- Tor SOCKS - ok
- New identity closes all tabs and removes all cookies - ok
- Localization - ok

Notes: Nothing except
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10640which is arlo's
problem.