[tor-qa] Experimental 3.5.2 bundles with tor-fw-helper (automatic port forwarding)

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Thu Feb 13 18:55:08 UTC 2014

David Fifield:
> Please test these experimental bundles that have tor-fw-helper included.
> You may know that flash proxy requires people to set up port forwarding
> (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/FlashProxyHowto).
> tor-fw-helper is a tool that uses UPnP or NAT-PMP to forward a port
> automatically. I'm interested in finding out how likely it is to work.
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/3.5.2-fwhelper-1/
>
> The bundles are configured to run flash proxy and tor-fw-helper. You
> just have to click "Connect" and wait up to 60 seconds. You don't have
> to do any special tests; just see whether it bootstraps or not.

I've tried on a Ubuntu 13.10 live system one one network. No luck. :(

The log says “tor-fw-helper: tcp-forward 37482 37482 SUCCESS miniupnp”,
exit with status 2. flashproxy-reg-http says “Registered”… but Tor does
not bootstrap.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>