[tor-qa] TBB 3.5.2 ready for testing

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Sat Feb 8 21:23:41 UTC 2014

Mike Perry:
> Candidate builds are at:
> https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/3.5.2/
>
> Additional signatures are at:
> https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/3.5.2/sha256sums.txt.asc
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.2/sha256sums.txt.asc
>
> This is a security release, and contains the new Firefox 24.3.0ESR
> fixes.
>
> We're especially looking for anyone on MacOS 10.9 report back. Someone
> told me that they are experiencing intermittent crashes on 10.9 since
> TBB 3.5 (TBB 3.0 was fine for them). They suspect Retina support in
> FF24ESR to be the culprit, though official Firefox builds do not
> crash. I have not experienced crashes on MacOS 10.6.
>
> Here's the ChangeLog:
>  * Rebase Tor Browser to Firefox 24.3.0ESR
>  * Bug 10419: Block content window connections to localhost
>  * Update Torbutton to 1.6.0
>    * Bug 10800: Prevent findbox exception and popup in New Identity
>    * Bug 10640: Fix about:tor's update pointer position for RTL
> languages.
>    * Bug 10095: Fix some cases where resolution is not a multiple of
> 200x100
>    * Bug 10285: Clear site permissions on New Identity
>    * Bug 9738: Fix for auto-maximizing on browser start
>    * Bug 10682: Workaround to really disable updates for Torbutton
>    * Bug 10419: Don't allow connections to localhost if Torbutton is
> toggled
>    * Bug 10140: Move Japanese to extra locales (not part of TBB dist)
>    * Bug 10687: Add Basque (eu) to extra locales (not part of TBB
> dist)
>  * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.4.4
>    * Bug 10682: Workaround to really disable updates for Tor Launcher
>  * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.13

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.5.2_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian 7.3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz

Tor v0.2.4.20 (git-d90102bcf0c25d96)
Libevent 2.0.21-stable
OpenSSL 1.0.1f
Firefox: ESR 24.3.0esrpre

System Tray Icon: no, present with vidalia-standalone
Network Map: no, present with vidalia-standalone
New ID without losing tabs:no, yes with vidalia-standalone

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5
 - NoScript 2.6.8.13
 - TorButton 1.6.6.0
 - TorLauncher 0.2.4.4

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work (http://videojs.com/)
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - unique among 480,550, 18.87 bits of
                                   identifying information

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: yes
Uses a bridge: yes
--
kat