[tor-qa] TBB 3.5.2 ready for testing

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sat Feb 8 02:51:34 UTC 2014

Candidate builds are at:
https://people.torproject.org/~linus/builds/3.5.2/

Additional signatures are at:
https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/3.5.2/sha256sums.txt.asc
https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.2/sha256sums.txt.asc

This is a security release, and contains the new Firefox 24.3.0ESR
fixes.

We're especially looking for anyone on MacOS 10.9 report back. Someone
told me that they are experiencing intermittent crashes on 10.9 since
TBB 3.5 (TBB 3.0 was fine for them). They suspect Retina support in
FF24ESR to be the culprit, though official Firefox builds do not crash.
I have not experienced crashes on MacOS 10.6.

Here's the ChangeLog:
 * Rebase Tor Browser to Firefox 24.3.0ESR
 * Bug 10419: Block content window connections to localhost
 * Update Torbutton to 1.6.0
   * Bug 10800: Prevent findbox exception and popup in New Identity
   * Bug 10640: Fix about:tor's update pointer position for RTL languages.
   * Bug 10095: Fix some cases where resolution is not a multiple of 200x100
   * Bug 10285: Clear site permissions on New Identity
   * Bug 9738: Fix for auto-maximizing on browser start
   * Bug 10682: Workaround to really disable updates for Torbutton
   * Bug 10419: Don't allow connections to localhost if Torbutton is toggled
   * Bug 10140: Move Japanese to extra locales (not part of TBB dist)
   * Bug 10687: Add Basque (eu) to extra locales (not part of TBB dist)
 * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.4.4
   * Bug 10682: Workaround to really disable updates for Tor Launcher
 * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.13

--
Mike Perry