[tor-qa] Tor Browser 4.0.2 is ready for testing

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Dec 2 08:24:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

Tor Browser 4.0.2 is up for testing. Bundles can be found on:

https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/4.0.2/

This release is based on Firefox 31.3.0 ESR. It repairs our broken cache
isolation and prevents JavaScript engine locale leaks. Furthermore,
there are a number of smaller fixes and enhancements which are all
listed in the full changelog:

Tor Browser 4.0.2 -- Dec 2 2014
 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 31.3.0esr
   * Update NoScript to 2.6.9.5
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 4.0.2
   * Update Torbutton to 1.7.0.2
     * Bug 13019: Synchronize locale spoofing pref with our Firefox patch
     * Bug 13746: Properly link Torbutton UI to thirdparty pref.
   * Bug 13742: Fix domain isolation for content cache and disk-enabled
browsing mode
   * Bug 5926: Prevent JS engine locale leaks (by setting the C library
locale)
   * Bug 13504: Remove unreliable/unreachable non-public bridges
   * Bug 13435: Remove our custom POODLE fix
 * Windows
   * Bug 13443: Re-enable DirectShow; fix crash with mingw patch.
   * Bug 13558: Fix crash on Windows XP during download folder changing
   * Bug 13594: Fix update failure for Windows XP users

Georg