[tor-qa] TBB 3.6 is ready for testing

Colin C. colin at torproject.org
Mon Apr 28 23:45:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 04:18:00PM +0200, Mike Perry wrote:
> TBB 3.6 is ready for testing. Barring any major issues, we are planning
> on calling this the new 'stable' release of TBB on Tuesday, to coincide
> with Mozilla's security update:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.6/
>
> Here's the changelog:
>  * All Platforms
>    * Update Firefox to 24.5.0esr
>    * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.5.4
>      * Bug #11482: Hide bridge settings prompt if no default bridges.
>      * Bug #11484: Show help button even if no default bridges.
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.9.0
>      * Bug 7439: Improve download warning dialog text.
>      * Bug 11384: Completely remove hidden toggle menu item.
>    * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 3.5.1
>    * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.20
>    * Update obfs3 transport to 0.2.8
>    * Update fte transport to 0.2.13
>    * Backport Pending Tor Patches:
>      * Bug 11156: Additional obfsproxy startup error message fixes
>    * Bug 11586: Include license files for component software in Docs directory.
>  * Windows and Mac:
>    * Bug 9308: Prevent install path from leaking in some JS exceptions
>                on Mac and Windows builds
>

> --
> Mike Perry
Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.6_en-US.tar.xz (Build #4)
Platform: Debian Wheezy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

OpenSSL - 1.0.1g

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5
 - NoScript 2.6.8.20
 - Torbutton 1.6.9.0
 - TorLauncher 0.2.5.4

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - phoul.github.io - Websocket open

Other notes:
 - All transports appear functional.