[tor-qa] TBB 3.6 is ready for testing

Wilton Gorske wilton at riseup.net
Sun Apr 27 17:01:43 UTC 2014

Mike Perry:
> TBB 3.6 is ready for testing. Barring any major issues, we are planning
> on calling this the new 'stable' release of TBB on Tuesday, to coincide
> with Mozilla's security update:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.6/
>
> Here's the changelog:
>  * All Platforms
>    * Update Firefox to 24.5.0esr
>    * Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.5.4
>      * Bug #11482: Hide bridge settings prompt if no default bridges.
>      * Bug #11484: Show help button even if no default bridges.
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.9.0
>      * Bug 7439: Improve download warning dialog text.
>      * Bug 11384: Completely remove hidden toggle menu item.
>    * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 3.5.1
>    * Update NoScript to 2.6.8.20
>    * Update obfs3 transport to 0.2.8
>    * Update fte transport to 0.2.13
>    * Backport Pending Tor Patches:
>      * Bug 11156: Additional obfsproxy startup error message fixes
>    * Bug 11586: Include license files for component software in Docs directory.
>  * Windows and Mac:
>    * Bug 9308: Prevent install path from leaking in some JS exceptions
>                on Mac and Windows builds

Testing: TorBrowser-3.6-osx32_en-US.dmg
Platform: Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Display: 15-inch (2880 x 1800 Retina)

TBB Launches successfully: yes
Connects to the Tor network: yes
Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works: yes

All extensions are present and functional: yes
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.5.1
 - NoScript 2.6.8.20
 - TorButton 1.6.9.0
 - TorLauncher 0.2.5.4

WebBrowsing works as expected
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work on http://videojs.com/ and YouTube
 - http://ip-check.info/?lang=en - ok
 - https://panopticlick.eff.org/ - only one in 582,772 , 19.15 bits of
                                   identifying information
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

SOCKS/external apps work as expected: yes (Torbirdy, Bitcoin-QT)

SSL client is bad according to https://www.howsmyssl.com/.