[tor-qa] 3.5.4-meek-1 (meek bundles with browser TLS camouflage)

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Fri Apr 18 20:51:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:22:47PM +0000, Wilton Gorske wrote:
> TBB Launches successfully: yes, *****but launches two browsers?

Thanks for testing. Launching two browsers is expected--the second
browser is the one that hosts the browser extension that meek uses to
make its HTTP requests (see https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11183
and https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#HowtolooklikebrowserHTTPS).
But the fact that it shows two icons on OS X is a bug, one I don't know
how to fix yet (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11429).

> Connections to google.com, evintl-oscp.versigin.com, and
> calendar.google.com.

google.com and evintl-oscp.verisign.com are expected. That's because all
your traffic is being routed through Google's App Engine servers. I'm
surprised at calendar.google.com though. how did you get those names?
Through reverse DNS? Google can you different frontend IPs and maybe one
of them reverse-resolves to calendar.google.com.

David Fifield