[tor-qa] (partial) New stable & beta TBBs with Firefox 17.0.9esr for testing (Linux & Windows only)

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Wed Sep 18 16:19:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 01:20:00PM +0200, Erinn Clark wrote:
> I have some new TBBs to be tested. The OSX build machine is offline so those
> aren't ready yet, but the Linux and Windows ones are available.
>
> The main difference is these is that they have the latest Firefox 17.0.9esr,
> which has a bunch of security fixes. Also, previously we only had linker
> hardening for Tor, so I've fixed that in both the stable and beta bundles. The
> beta bundles also have a new HTTPS Everywhere that doesn't go berserk with OCSP
> requests.

I tried the beta x86_64 bundle
tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.4.17-beta-2-dev-en-US.tar.gz:

$ ./start-tor-browser

Launching Tor Browser Bundle for Linux in /home/david/official/tor-browser_en-US
./App/vidalia: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Vidalia exited abnormally.  Exit code: 127

David Fifield