[tor-qa] Quick test of 3.0rc1 (esp Windows)

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 03:36:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:06 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> Can a few people do a quick test of the Windows builds of 3.0rc1:
> https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/3.0rc1/
>
> We patched binutils for this release to fix a reproducibility issue, and
> it would be nice to verify everything is OK before release.
>
> Other reports are also helpful, of course.
>

> Here's the changelog:
>  * All Platforms:
>    * Update Firefox to 17.0.11esr
>    * Update Tor to 0.2.4.18-rc
>    * Remove unsupported PDF.JS addon from the bundle
>    * Bug #7277: TBB's Tor client will now omit its timestamp in the TLS
>                 handshake.
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.4.1
>      * Bug #10002: Make the TBB3.0 blog tag our update download URL for now
>  * Windows
>    * Bug #10102: Patch binutils to remove nondeterministic bytes in
>                  compiled binaries
>  * Linux
>    * Bug #10049: Fix architecture check to work from outside TBB's
> directory
>    * Bug #10126: Remove libz and firefox-bin, and strip unstripped binaries
>    * Misc: Disable Firefox updater during compile time (in addition to
> pref)

Testing: torbrowser-install-3.0-rc-1_en-US.exe
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

Bundle components:
Firefox 17.0.11esr - Present
Torbutton 1.6.4.1 - Present
NoScript 2.6.8.2 - Present
HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.2 - Present

Behaviour:
- TBB Launches successfully - yes
- Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works - yes

Functions:
- HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing - ok
- HTML5 videos work (http://videojs.com/ and http://youtube.com/)
- http://html5demos.com/web-socket - Not connected
- New identity closes all tabs and removes all cookies - ok
- Tor SOCKS - ok

--
Sherief Alaa
pgp 0x8623B882