[tor-qa] Quick test of 3.0rc1 (esp Windows)

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri Nov 22 03:06:14 UTC 2013

Can a few people do a quick test of the Windows builds of 3.0rc1:
https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/3.0rc1/

We patched binutils for this release to fix a reproducibility issue, and
it would be nice to verify everything is OK before release.

Other reports are also helpful, of course.

Here's the changelog:
 * All Platforms:
   * Update Firefox to 17.0.11esr
   * Update Tor to 0.2.4.18-rc
   * Remove unsupported PDF.JS addon from the bundle
   * Bug #7277: TBB's Tor client will now omit its timestamp in the TLS
                handshake.
   * Update Torbutton to 1.6.4.1
     * Bug #10002: Make the TBB3.0 blog tag our update download URL for now
 * Windows
   * Bug #10102: Patch binutils to remove nondeterministic bytes in
                 compiled binaries
 * Linux
   * Bug #10049: Fix architecture check to work from outside TBB's directory
   * Bug #10126: Remove libz and firefox-bin, and strip unstripped binaries
   * Misc: Disable Firefox updater during compile time (in addition to pref)

--
Mike Perry