[tor-qa] Fwd: [tor-talk] OSX sandbox available for tbb3 (10.9 only)

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Tue Nov 19 10:10:20 UTC 2013

Erinn Clark <erinn at torproject.org> wrote
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:51:04 -0200:

| * Andreas Jonsson <andreas at romab.com> [2013:11:18 21:44 +0100]:
| > Ok, new release with as little logging as possible. should be present here:
| > https://github.com/trams242/tor-browser-bundle/releases/tag/0.2>
| > also fixes icons in open-file dialog.
|
| Hm, I don't think it should have less logging. I didn't realize OSX sandboxing
| prevented you from putting the debug log elsewhere. But I think it should have
| plenty verbose logging, especially while people are trying to test it, so I
| would propose to undo that change.

Hi,

If I can just chip in with a small euro 0.02, without ever have seen
this wonderful piece of software, I'd add a vote for building things
with all kind of logging turned off by default and an option for
enabling it by those who need to debug things.

Rationale is that it should be easy enough for QA people to enable
logging before testing while the cost of any of the "debug builds"
finding its way to somebody who depend on anonymity could be
catastrophically high.

Thanks,
Linus