[tor-qa] test 32-bit Linux TBB with Firefox optimizations re-enabled

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Mon May 27 20:22:42 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

We've been hearing from people for a while that the FF 17.0.x bundles are
unusably slow because we disabled optimization during build time. The reason we
did this is because building on Debian Squeeze resulted in a strange build
crash. I re-built all of the stable 32-bit Linux TBB on Wheezy, with
optimizations re-enabled, and would appreciate it if any of you could test it.
I'm specifically worried about backwards compatibility, so if any of you are
running older Linuxes (like anything CentOS, for example) I'd love to hear if
you have any problems. Likewise, for modern Linuxes, please let me know if the
usability problems have gone.

The package is here: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/stable/tor-browser-gnu-linux-i686-2.3.25-TEST-8-dev-en-US.tar.gz
sha256sum: ed94e886207aa727dd0d7693f9a45beef232dfb3f9df2281ba72961dc6a92e04  tor-browser-gnu-linux-i686-2.3.25-TEST-8-dev-en-US.tar.gz

There's no rapid time limit on this one -- I just need to get some feedback
before upgrading all of the build systems, so being as thorough as possible is
great.

Thanks very much!

Erinn