[tor-qa] Quick test of 3.0-alpha-2

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Sun Jun 30 21:26:11 UTC 2013

On 30/06/13 02:41 PM, Mike Perry wrote:
> Finally, we have a 3.0 build that fully matched on two different build
> machines for all bundles for the 3.0-alpha-2 series. I'm still waiting
> on a third confirmation, but since these bundles contain the 17.0.7-ESR
> security release (which is over a week old now), I want to get them out
> ASAP.
>
> If anyone is willing to try these and report any major issues, that
> would be great.
>
> I will be posting these on the blog as soon as I hear back from Georg
> Koppen and get a detached signature from him and Linus Nordberg.
>
> Here's my builds:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/3.0-alpha-2/
>
> Here's Linus's matching builds:
> https://people.torproject.org/~linus/downloads/tbb-3.0alpha2-build5-c0242c24/
>
> Here's the ChangeLog:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/Bundle-Data/Docs/ChangeLog.txt
>
> Here's how you reproduce your own identical bundles:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/gitian/README.build
>
> The tor-browser-bundle.git commit used is c0242c24bed086cc9c545c7bf2d699948792c1e3,
> with signed tag tbb-3.0alpha2-build6.
>
> If anyone does this, I'd also love to hear if there are any differences.

Testing: tor-browser-linux64-3.0-alpha-2_en-US.tar.xz
Platform: Debian Wheezy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

OpenSSL - 1.0.1e

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 3.2.2
 - NoScript 2.6.6.6
 - Torbutton 1.6.0
 - TorLauncher 0.2-alpha
 - PDF Viewer 0.8.1

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

Other Notes:
 - HTTPS-Everywhere updates itself to 3.2.3 after first launch

--
-Phoul