[tor-qa] Quick test of 3.0-alpha-2

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sun Jun 30 19:41:51 UTC 2013

Finally, we have a 3.0 build that fully matched on two different build
machines for all bundles for the 3.0-alpha-2 series. I'm still waiting
on a third confirmation, but since these bundles contain the 17.0.7-ESR
security release (which is over a week old now), I want to get them out
ASAP.

If anyone is willing to try these and report any major issues, that
would be great.

I will be posting these on the blog as soon as I hear back from Georg
Koppen and get a detached signature from him and Linus Nordberg.

Here's my builds:
https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/3.0-alpha-2/

Here's Linus's matching builds:
https://people.torproject.org/~linus/downloads/tbb-3.0alpha2-build5-c0242c24/

Here's the ChangeLog:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/Bundle-Data/Docs/ChangeLog.txt

Here's how you reproduce your own identical bundles:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/gitian/README.build

The tor-browser-bundle.git commit used is c0242c24bed086cc9c545c7bf2d699948792c1e3,
with signed tag tbb-3.0alpha2-build6.

If anyone does this, I'd also love to hear if there are any differences.

--
Mike Perry