[tor-qa] Tor 0.2.4.15-rc packages available for testing

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Mon Jul 8 03:34:49 UTC 2013

On 07/07/13 07:25 PM, Erinn Clark wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> Tor's experimental version has moved one step closer to stable with its latest
> -rc release. I have some packages up for testing. In order to prevent confusion
> with the 3.x series of TBB (which are actually alpha), the "regular" alpha TBBs
> have been renamed to beta.
>
> Packages: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/0.2.4.15-rc/
> sha256sums: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/0.2.4.15-rc/sha256sums-0.2.4.15-rc.txt.asc
> Turnaround: 24h
>
> Thanks,
> Erinn

Testing: tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.4.15-beta-1-dev-en-US.tar.gz
Platform: Debian Wheezy
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

OpenSSL - 1.0.0k

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 4.0development.8
 - NoScript 2.6.6.7
 - Torbutton 1.5.2
 - PDF Viewer 0.8.1

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

--
-Phoul