[tor-qa] Firefox 17.0.2esr Tor 0.2.4.9-alpha bundles

Colin C. admin at insecure-complexity.com
Sun Jan 27 06:38:48 UTC 2013

Erinn Clark:
> Hey y'all,
>
> I have more bundles. It is very exciting.
>
> Mike has been busting his ass preparing for the moment when Firefox
> 17 moves to official ESR status and after a week of punching
> patches and build systems in the face, we have some bundles (with a
> new Torbutton) for you to test. They also include the newest Tor
> 0.2.4.9-alpha. There are also pref changes, etc. The changelog is
> here:
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/blob/maint-2.4:/changelog.linux-2.4
>
>  (Using the Linux one because it has one extra change.)
>
> These are alpha bundles so some MINOR bugs are acceptable for
> release. The critical thing for us right now is to make sure that
> these are not crashy or a security/privacy risk since we will need
> to switch to Firefox 17 in February (which is very soon!)
>
> In addition to the normal testing you usually do, please run
> Wireshark and look for things like proxy leaks or anything that
> might be equally bad.
>
> Packages:
> https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.9-alpha/
> sha256sums:
> https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.9-alpha/sha256sums-2.4.9-alpha.txt.asc

Turnaround: Let's say 24-48h? I would like to put these out tomorrow, but I
> know it's the weekend. We're mainly looking for dealbreaker bugs
> for this so we can get them out to everyone else for wider
> testing.
>
> Thanks for everything! Erinn

Testing:
tor-obfsproxy-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.4.9-alpha-1-dev-en-US.tar.gz
Platform: Fedora 17
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

libevent: 2.0.21-stable

TBB Launches successfully - OK
Connects to the Tor network - OK
Browser toolbars and menus work. Tab dragging works. - OK
DNS - No leaks observed (wireshark)

All extensions are present and functional -  OK
 - HTTPS-Everywhere 4.0development.5
 - NoScript 2.6.4.3
 - TorButton 1.5.0pre-alpha
 - PDF Viewer 0.7.1

WebBrowsing works as expected - OK
 - HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing works
 - HTML5 videos work
 - ip-check.info - OK
 - samy.pl/evercookie - OK (new identity clears cookie)
 - html5demos.com/web-socket - Not Connected / Socket Closed

- --
- -Phoul