[tor-qa] Firefox 17.0.2esr Tor 0.2.4.9-alpha bundles

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Sat Jan 26 12:53:48 UTC 2013

Hey y'all,

I have more bundles. It is very exciting.

Mike has been busting his ass preparing for the moment when Firefox 17 moves to
official ESR status and after a week of punching patches and build systems in
the face, we have some bundles (with a new Torbutton) for you to test. They
also include the newest Tor 0.2.4.9-alpha. There are also pref changes, etc.
The changelog is here:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/blob/maint-2.4:/changelog.linux-2.4

(Using the Linux one because it has one extra change.)

These are alpha bundles so some MINOR bugs are acceptable for release. The
critical thing for us right now is to make sure that these are not crashy or a
security/privacy risk since we will need to switch to Firefox 17 in February
(which is very soon!)

In addition to the normal testing you usually do, please run Wireshark and look
for things like proxy leaks or anything that might be equally bad.

Packages: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.9-alpha/
sha256sums: https://people.torproject.org/~erinn/qa/alpha/2.4.9-alpha/sha256sums-2.4.9-alpha.txt.asc
Turnaround: Let's say 24-48h? I would like to put these out tomorrow, but I
know it's the weekend. We're mainly looking for dealbreaker bugs for this so we
can get them out to everyone else for wider testing.

Thanks for everything!
Erinn