[tor-qa] new stable & alpha bundles - both with Firefox 17.0.3esr

Katya Titov kattitov at yandex.com
Fri Feb 22 15:23:00 UTC 2013

Erinn Clark:

> Hey everyone,

Hi Erinn,

> Got some excitig new bundles here with a lot of big changes in them.
> Feast your eyes upon this mighty changelog:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbrowser.git/blob/25699bb2e4ac65204ae7a602e4abcd244c5fd48b:/changelog.osx-2.3

Didn't get a chance to test this, but the change in SOCKS port has
required a change to torsocks.conf and to TorBirdy preferences. Is this
permanent, and will there be a new TorBirdy with updated defaults?

Also:

> Make Torbutton icon flash a warning symbol if TBB is out of date
> (closes: #7495)

I now have a flashing warning even though I'm running the latest
version:

    tor-browser-gnu-linux-x86_64-2.3.25-4-dev-en-US.tar.gz
    Torbutton 1.5.0

Is this a bug?

Thanks

--