[tor-qa] TBB 3.5.1 available

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 17:03:36 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> The changelog for this is fairly small, but we did enable accessibility
> support (screen readers, etc for vision impared) for Windows. Testing of
> these features on Windows is especially useful for this reason:
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/builds/3.5.1/
>
> Changelog:
>  * All Platforms
>    * Bug 10447: Remove SocksListenAddress to allow multiple socks ports.
>    * Bug 10464: Remove addons.mozilla.org from NoScript whitelist
>    * Update Torbutton to 1.6.5.3
>      * Bug 9486: Clear NoScript Temporary Permissions on New Identity
>    * Update Tor to 0.2.4.20
>  * Windows
>    * Bug 9259: Enable Accessibility support in Firefox build

Testing: torbrowser-install-3.5.1_en-US.exe
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

Bundle components:
Firefox 24.2.0 ESR
Torbutton 1.6.5.3
NoScript 2.6.8.7
HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.4tbb

Tests:
- TBB Launches successfully - yes
- Browser toolbars and menus work, tab dragging works - yes
- HTTP, HTTPS, .onion browsing - ok
- HTML5 videos work (http://youtube.com/)
- http://html5demos.com/web-socket - Not connected
- Tor SOCKS - ok
- New identity closes all tabs and removes all cookies - ok
- Localization - ok
- Stress test using heavy content websites (14 tabs, 450MB RAM and 9% to
22% CPU) - No crashing, smooth browsing.

Note: The canvas image data popup appears frequently in youtube,
duckduckgo's HS and other websites. Also, the Arabic(3.5, 3.5.1) build is
completely missing from dist/ and your page.

--
Sherief Alaa
pgp 0x8623B882